Saturday, December 24, 2011

Random observations from recent weeks...

I haven't been using my blog lately and as a result the only real collection of my thoughts comes from my Facebook in the form of status updates. So I've decided to pull a few of them and compile them into one blog post. Maybe I will do better with updating this, it is always somewhere at the back of my mind. The way back. Covered in dust and spiders. It's scary back there.

Without further ado, my life in the form of Facebook statuses (stati? I never know which is correct?)

November 25th, 2011: so I just taught Courtney how to lock/unlock the doorknobs throughout our house. i kind of feel like i'm in that moment of Jurassic Park where the people have realized that the velociraptors can open doors.


November 19th, 2011: tonight when I was walking my dog, Murray ,he snagged and carried with him some trash. I assumed it was a fast food bag or some other paper product. He carried it for about 2 miles and when we returned home, I took it from him to see what it was. It was a bunch of ruled notebook paper, soggy with Murray slobber. Upon further inspection, it was a collection of love poems very obviously written by a teenage girl (complete with text style misspellings and dotting her "i" with a big dumb circle) for a boy. I'm sad to say the boy must have thrown her anthology out on the street for Murray to find and drool on, and for me to read out loud. Thanks Murray!!!! ♥

November 16th, 2011: while watching Oswald with my daughter this morning before work, she turned to me and said "I don't like that rabbit" - the character is this weird creepy rabbit that doesn't talk. He always kind of freaks me out too, but I never said anything. I asked "Why don't you like him?" and she turned to me with eyes big as saucers and said "because he never, ever talks, and waves with his ear." When I asked if she thought he was creepy, she said "YEAH!" lol i was so relieved to find another person who finds that rabbit unsettling!!!
(note: only appreciated if you have small children and are very familiar with Oswald)

November 14th, 2011: a rogue ant just crawled across my bedroom wall. this is november. why??? at least now i know my heart is working, because i'm pretty sure it stopped beating for a second before it went into absolute hyperdrive. sooo scary :( was able to recover from the paralyzing fear enough to smash it with a notebook but now i am totally freaked out. they aren't supposed to be around in the fall/winter, they terrorize me all spring and summer and i think that's enough. i need 2 seasons of the year where i can live without fear, that's all i ask.

November 9th, 2011: for those who have had falls and accidents and such, i can top them all. i mopped the kitchen floor tonight. i was aware that a mopped floor would be wet and therefore slippery. i gave the floor what i thought was enough time to dry, and eventually went back to the kitchen to put a bag in the garbage can. i walked into the room at a normal pace and the floor slipped out from under me. i crash-landed in a decidedly not-so-graceful manner. my ego was severely bruised during this fall, and my clothes were wet from the definitely NOT dry floor. also I may have broken my toe, no big deal.

November 6th, 2011: i don't want to brag, but i have a sneaking suspicion that i am some kind of technological mastermind as i have just successfully reset both of my digital watches to reflect the time change. don't hate on these mad skills.

No comments: