Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 17th..wool overload

just returned from a feeble attempt at winter clothes shopping. currently suffering from PTSD [post traumatic shopping disorder].
it was awful. sweaters everywhere. so much wool.
I tried on a replacement for the Granny sweater but my oh-so-helpful 4 year old kindly informed me that it made my butt "not look good" (it was a long sweater) so I hung it up on the rack of shame. There was a shirt I liked, and she told me it didn't look good. Usually when I am in a dressing room I am left alone with my embarrassment. Shopping with a 4 year old ensures that anyone else trying on clothes nearby can share in my humiliation! Oh joy!

She said she was playing a game. A game where she told me what looked good, and what didn't. I think it was more like a "How low can Mommy's self esteem go" game. Self esteem limbo!!

No comments: