Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'll be your Chillow...

Oh yay, product review!

So I got one of these for Christmas:



Per their website, a Chillow is described as this:

"The Chillow is like an oasis for your pillow... cool, soothing and relaxing. This added comfort increases your chances for better, more restful sleep. It's like sleeping in the shade with a gentle breeze."

I immediately wanted to try this product because of its name. Chillow. How fun! It sounds like a chinchilla and an armadillo got together and had a monstrously ugly baby with an adorable name. So after a day of walking around randomly saying "chillow" and amusing myself with things like "I saw an armadillo, sleeping on its chillow!" and "It's a chillow! it's a pet! it's a chillow pet!", I decided to get down to business.

The directions intimidated me because it looked confusing. Lots of pictures, bold font (thankfully not Comic Sans), and specific instructions. I read them carefully and it actually turned out to be very easy. Pour the water in carefully and then smooth out the air bubbles. What you wind up with is a vacuum packed looking flat "pillow" with what looks like a gel pack inside. Then you store it in a cool, dark place for 3-5 hours and it will be ready to go.

I tried it last night. The verdict? It will be wonderful in warm weather, or if I ever run a fever/have a headache. It feels nice, but it was too cold last night to be of much use. I am soooo excited to try it again under warmer circumstances!

Edited to add: I had a headache Wednesday night and my chillow was a godsend! I highly recommend that everyone get a chillow.


No comments: