Saturday, April 18, 2009

3 great things my daughter did today

  • 1.) has heard me say "I know, right?" so many times that she now repeats it, often appropriately, in conversation.

  • 2.) was cleaning one of her baby doll's hands and face with a wipe, and then went to wipe the doll's nose, and calmly told it "I'm sorry, I'm sorrrryy" the way I do when I wipe noses for kids at work, which the majority of them hate to have done.

  • 3.) she sat still and quietly long enough for us to read a REAL storybook tonight, not just a board book for babies with short attention spans. We read an Arthur book. I liked it because I used to watch Arthur with matt after school, so I know how the characters talk and enunciate particular words lol. She acted like she was following along. I can't wait for the day when she is old enough to sit and read chapter books and long stories with me. I sure hope I'm raising a child who loves books like I do.

God i love this kid. she is cutting 3 teeth and was crabby and a grouch all day, but she still manages to sneak in 3 bullet points of awesome. the only thing in the entire world i've ever TRULY enjoyed is being her mother. maybe i have been rewarded for enduring my crappy life, by being given a child this great.

No comments: