Saturday, March 21, 2009

I am so lucky.

This is not the first time I've realized it. I am lucky in life.

I am so thankful for my daughter, who is healthy, happy, and full of life. I cannot put into words how important she is to me or how she has changed my life and the way I view the world. I am lucky in life and it has taken me a long time to fully grasp that. I have my health, I have my daughter and other loved ones, I have a full time job in this economy, I live in a safe place and have a roof over my head. I have food to eat and access to medical care. When a crisis arises, I have people who will help. Our lives are blessed. I see it more and more every day. I owe a lot of people a lot of "thank yous" for helping me to understand.
Life is so precious and happening so quickly. I have begun to enjoy every minute of every day of it.

From now on, trying very hard to let go of the negative and embrace the future and the positive. I owe my daughter this much.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This post made me really happy. I forget how lucky I am too sometimes, and then I look around at all that I have and I think "What could I possibly be UNHAPPY about?" Especially when my girls hug me for no reason. Yay for daughters! I'm glad that you have so much going for you :)