Saturday, June 18, 2011

Boring update

I have spent the last 4 or so years getting my life together.
I have put behind me my late teenage years and early twenties. I have put away dreams of traveling the world. My priorities are firmly in place. I bought a house as I have mentioned here before. I have owned not one, not two, but three cars in my short lifetime. I have reached a hallmark of Grown Up life by purchasing a lawn mower and actually being excited about that.

I'm a mother to my own child and surrogate-for-the-day "mother" to ten little boys and girls every day at work. It is stressful at times, but I enjoy them, sometimes it is the kids who make me feel like maybe I am worth something after all. I am able to get out of bed and go to work. I am able to smile and laugh. I play pretend that everything is fine, and sometimes it really is.